body { background-size: cover; }

7/1/14

Meet HARRIS CHANNING !

View harrischanning copy.jpg in slide show

An Army brat, Harris Channing traveled around the Southern US and Europe as a child before settling in Tennessee as an adult. Married with two children, she enjoys her family, reading, writing, and gardening.

Stalk the Author:






Interview

1. When and why did you begin writing?
I started writing when I was in the 6th grade. I won a writing competition and got to go to a conference where I had my 'book' signed by Peggy Parish...you know, the author of the Amelia Bedelia books.

2. When did you first consider yourself a writer? 
 I guess when I started to write in the hopes of someday getting published. It's been a long haul and many times I don't think I've gotten very far. I started when I was about 20 and I'm over twice that old now...

3. What inspired you to write your first book?
 I was having a rough patch in my life and I needed an escape. Things were pretty rough and I didn't have the means to get away any other way. So I wrote.

4. Do you have a specific writing style?
 I don't know how to answer that! The only style I know how to write is mine...so I guess yes?

5. How did you come up with your titles?
 Sometimes that's really difficult. I just think on it and it usually comes to me...or I'll run a few by friends and they'll help me....

6. Is there a message in your books that you want readers to grasp?
 Sometimes. I don't want to come across as preachy. I want to entertain. But there are some hidden messages sometimes.

7. How much of the book is realistic? 
I try to make people real. I like to show growth. I suffer from panic attacks and in a couple of my books the heroines have had to deal with those. Of course, some readers view that as weakness and I guess it could be construed as that...

8. Are you currently reading a book? If so what book are you reading now?
 Don't laugh...I'm reading an encyclopedia of the supernatural. It's very interesting and is full of great ideas for paranormal books!

9. Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? 
There are several authors I'm very fond of. I like Lori Brighton, Tessa Dare and when I'm in a steamy mood, Siren Publishing authors are the best!

10. What are your current projects?
 I'm currently working on an older short story and turning it into a novella. It's called, THE GROUPIE and is the 2nd book in my White Springs Series. And it's for the 18+ only audience!

My newest release however, is A BRIDE FOR THE BARON and it's a book suitable for most ages. It's the 2nd in my JILTED series of books.

Here's the blurb: Martha Arden has left England to escape the humiliation of a broken engagement. Going to Virginia to visit her cousin Jude, and his wife, Chloe, Martha becomes an unwitting pawn in their game to find a wife for their jilted friend, Frederick Von Richter. Will the ploy work? Will Martha be a bride for the baron?




Book  1






11. Can you share a little of your current work with us?
 I would love to. It's the story of a White Springs woman who wins tickets to see her favorite country music crush...It is a steamy novella so I guess you know what happens between her and her dream lover...it's the middle and end that will surprise you. At least I hope it will! :)

12. Is there anything you find particularly challenging in your writing?
 Writing fiction is not just sitting down and putting words on paper. A lot of the author is on those pages. Sometimes facing things I don't want to is difficult.

13. Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?
 My all time favorite writer is Catherine Cookson. I love her stories and her style. I am also so impressed with the adversities she had to overcome in her own life. To go from outcast to Dame...well that's quite something!

14. What books have most influenced your life most?
 That's an impossible question. But if I had to name one, The Bible is at the top of that list!

15. What was the hardest part of writing ? 
 Time to do it. There are not enough hours in the day to get everything done I want to do!



NOW for the FUN stuff !



1. What's your favorite food ? 
Must I pick just one? I love pizza AND I love mint chocolate chip ice cream!

2. What's your favorite song ?
 I don't have one of those either!!! I do like Elvis Presley's If I Can Dream...
 
3. What is one of your favorite quotes?
 "Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"~George Carlin 

4. What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
 Ironing...I have a pile right now waiting for me. 

5. What is your favorite Holiday ?
 I should say Christmas....but I really like Halloween. It is what it is. It's about fun and candy and costumes (yeah, I know that's not what it started out as) but the true meaning of Christmas has gotten lost. If Christmas weren't about shopping and stuff and over indulging, I think I'd like it better. Sure has become something it wasn't intended to be...and yes, I'm as guilty as everyone else in perpetuating the modern Christmas. See Halloween is allowed a metamorphosis...Christmas is not! :P 

6. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
 Probably my early to mid-thirties. Things looked up for me, I had may kids, life seemed good. Worry seems to have taken over my mid-40's and lets not even talk about the saggy butt and boobs! 
 
7. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
 I don't think I would choose a great historical event. I think I'd like to just visit a medieval English village and see what life was like. Sit in a general store in the old west and try the licorice. Simple things like that. 

8. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
 Dance. I would love to be a great dancer. I'm far too stiff and stubborn to allow anyone to take the lead. 
 
9. If you were immortal for a day, what would you do? 
Wow, tough one! Maybe scuba dive? I know you don't have to be immortal to do that, but it would help when you're a chicken like me! 

10. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
 I already did that! I changed it to Harris. :) 

11. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
 I'd like to meet Jesus. Wouldn't that be eye opening? 

12. If you were reincarnated as an animal/drink/ice cream flavor, what would it be?
 I think it would be great to be a bird. Maybe a blue bird. Small and quick and damnably adorable! 

13. If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be? Is there life after death. Aren't you curious about that one too? 

14. If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
 Elizabeth Bennet...Mr. Darcy here I come! 
 
15. Tell us something totally embarrassing about yourself !
 Okay...here goes. I met my husband at a college graduation. During one of the speeches I stepped out for a breath of fresh air. I adjusted my skirt and carefully sat down on the steps when I noticed a guy walking back and forth in front of me. He came over and started talking. Well, he seemed nice and was very cute...

We talked a while and laughed and really hit it off. It was like magic...until another woman attending the graduation came up to me and whispered in my ear, "Your panties are showing."

Yes folks, underpants and fate brought my husband and me together!



Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me today. I hope your readers enjoy my interview and attempt at humor!





No comments:

Post a Comment