body { background-size: cover; }

4/21/14

Lessons Learned by Sydney Logan

Lessons Learned (Appalachian Heart Collection, #1)





A young girl needs to spread her wings, but a young woman needs roots.

English teacher Sarah Bray never thought she’d return to Sycamore Falls, but a traumatic event at her inner-city school leaves her desperate for the sanctuary of home. By returning to her roots, an older and wiser Sarah hopes to deal with the demons of her present and confront the ghosts of her past.

She discovers a kindred spirit in Lucas Miller, a teacher from New York with demons of his own. As the newest faculty members at Sycamore High School, they quickly become friends – bonding through Lucas’s culture shock and their mutual desire to build new lives. When they open their wounded hearts to each other, their friendship effortlessly evolves into romance.

Their love is put to the test when Matt, the quarterback of the football team, shares his deepest secret with Sarah. When the conservative community finds out, Sarah and Lucas – along with the town of Sycamore Falls – are schooled in the lessons of acceptance, tolerance, and love

MY CONFESSION:

I was so excited to read this book.I have been friends with Sydney for a while. After many talks and reading reviews I was beyond excited to get to read this book. This was a ARC copy given to me for my honest review.

This book is the first I have really gotten into in a LONG time. It literally pulled me in before the book even got started. The prologue starts and BAM!.anxiously sobbing. To the point of tears already, you wonder just how much of this book is gonna keep you crying. Sydney Logan knows EXACTLY how to pull the reader in from the beginning and keeps you wanting more. After the prologue I'll admit I had to take a bit of a
moment for myself and regroup my nerves. This book deals with some very REAL LIFE situations and deals with issues MANY face today. My heart was hurting for Sarah Bray. The way the author writes small town america is .. in my opinion. SPOT ON. As a small town gal myself. I related to this so much and pictured my own small town often while reading.

Sarah decides to return home after her traumatic experience. This is where she meets Lucas *dreamy sigh*. Lucas is a very sweet kind caring and loving soul who just wants to help Sarah. Sarah is a very independent woman who thinks she doesn't need to be loved.. until she's loved by Lucas.

"Wherever you are is where I want to be " Lucas whispered. "I'd follow you anywhere, Sarah"  

Sarah gets to rediscover who she is while putting her life back together. She gets to reconnect with old friends, make some new ones and live the small town life that she HATED growing up. She gets to know her students as well. She develops a friendship with Matt who turns to her in a time of need. He reveals a secret that he fears will turn the town against him.Sarah feeling that her past has followed her does what she feels is best for her and hopes that her new "friend" Lucas will do the same.

This story had me so engrossed. I couldn't put it down. I NEEDED to know what happens next. It had me crying, both happy and sad tears. It had me so anxious at times I found my self biting nails. I HIGHLY recommend this book for anyone looking for a sweet romance with a little extra emotion, drama and turmoil.


Want the book? Buy it HERE from Amazon

For more information on Sydney Logan go to her WEBSITE














No comments:

Post a Comment